Monday 22 February 2016

I love my dressform!

I've been reading people's blogs about dressforms recently - it appears that people have had mixed experiences with them - particularly bought ones. I made my own, partly for cost reasons, and partly because I am not very standard sized!



I have to say that I love it! It's not perfect:  I need a better stand as it has a tendency to fall over, looking at it was initially very depressing and I've lost weight since I made it so its about a size too big. It is however extremely useful. UPDATE I did get a better stand!

I HATE doing fitting, especially FBAs. Doing it on yourself - like so... is really tiresome. And usually (when I did it anyway) inaccurate. Don't get me started on flat pattern alterations. They just bend my brain. And again... poor results (in my experience!).


Personally
I find it SO MUCH EASIER to do this...


Anyone interested in how I made Agnetha - have a look here and here and here

If you would like to see how I use it to fit bodices - have a look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment