Thursday 26 April 2012

Channelling Oona

Over the last few weeks I have been very busy with uni and more uni stuff, and sewing has taken a back seat, with the second half of Roswell Week postponed. To cheer myself up slightly, and completely disregarding my pledge to sew from my stash, I popped into Edinburgh Fabrics and bought the jazziest fabrics I could see.. Oops!!

These magnificent fabric choices make feel a little bit closer to the awesomeness of the lovely Oona, and her love of pattern and colour.

First we have a peacock feather cotton, probably to become a simple dress..



And then this fabulous flamingo print cotton, DESTINED to be a hawaiian stylee 50s shirt dress.



Now I just need some time to sew.....

8 comments:

  1. Wow, both fabrics are geat...but that flamingo print really calls to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both amazing! I am covetting them (in the nicest possible way!). Good luck getting the uni work done: I hope it happens super quick so you can start playing with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the flamingo fabric so much that I had to pin it on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i don't know why, but i see bombshell flamingos. i even see you pairing the two of these together in a strapless number. but i have been told my vision is not 20/20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two top fabrics you have there! They are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just letting you know I've tagged you in a blog meme! You can find the post here: http://meganandthemachine.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/challenge-11-things.html
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. that peacock fabric is soo pretty, can't wait to see what you make of it!

    ReplyDelete