Tuesday 10 May 2011

Decluttering

I haven't been up to any sewing this week so far as my room was a bit of a state. I had far too much stuff in my wardrobe and drawers (and they wouldn't fit!), lots of which I don't wear. The vast majority of it was it was too small or not quite right fit wise. I had a very thorough cull and chucked about a third of it. (well I say chucked but the vast majority is going to a charity shop of course!). I seem to have been a bit wimpy in previous clear outs as an awful lot of rubbish and REALLY old stuff was still hanging around. A few items though I actually felt a slightly pull getting rid of (even though I had forgotten I still had them!) including this bag that I bought when I was 14. Oddly, despite me having lugged it around almost every day for about 3 years, and then occasionally for a several after that, and then it being thrown in and out of cupboards for several more, it was in immaculate condition. It is now off to the charity shop for someone else to use.


I also rearranged my sewing supplies (previously stashed all over the shelves of a bookshelf in various jars) into a wooden drawer set form IKEA that has been back at my parents house for years. It is great! I also finally got a bobbin box so that they aren't all tangled up (though I have far less than I thought, a may have lost some in my washing basket or something!)

my newly tidy sewing area, the boxes on top have current (ish-ok just unfinished!) project bits in them

ribbon, interfacing, binding etc

buttons and zips

thread


Also, in an aside, I am in love with the Roland Mouret dress Dita wore, thankyou Gertie for pointing it out. I am going to have to try and make something like this one day. It's just stunning. I may make it very slightly less plunging though!


No comments:

Post a Comment